Another spin on pasta salad. It’s vegan and gluten-free plus packed with flavor and nutrients. The cashew sauce makes it creamy while the cajun spice brings a slight heat and cajun feel.
It only takes about 30 minutes to make this crowd-pleasing pasta salad.
Ingredients and Benefits
Brown Rice Pasta– a good source of fiber, minerals and antioxidants that can optimize health and prevent chronic disease.
Onion– contain antibacterial properties and promote digestive health, which may improve immune function.
Tomato– a good source of several vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin C, potassium, vitamin K, and folate.
Corn– a healthy grain and source of fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It may promote eye and digestive health.
Black Beans– The antioxidants, fiber, protein, and carbohydrates may promote heart health, help lower blood cholesterol and high blood pressure levels.
Kale– a nutrition superstar due to the amounts of vitamins A, B6, C, K, folate, fiber, carotenoids and manganese it contains.
Garlic– helps boost your body’s immune system.
Lemon– very rich in vitamin C.
Cashews– rich in fiber, protein, and healthy fats. They also contain a variety of vitamins, minerals, and health-protective beneficial plant compounds.
Mustard– rich in protein, fiber, vitamin C and many of the B-complex vitaminsBlack Pepper
Cajun seasoning– contains antioxidants, immune boosting spices, and aids in digestion and sleep.
Nutritional Yeast– high in B vitamins for healthy cells, metabolism, and even glowing skin
Olive Oil– high in healthy monosaturated fats and antioxidants. It also has anti-inflammatory properties.
Eating healthy should never be boring and this pasta salad is proof of that! Enjoy!
Vegan Creamy Cajun Pasta Salad
- 12 oz dry brown rice fusilli such as Jovial brand
- 1 cup fire-roasted corn canned or frozen, drained and defrosted
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup red onion 1/4″ diced
- 1 cup black beans drained
- 5 oz baby kale
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp cajun spice
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Boil pasta according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Make the sauce: soak the cashews in boiling water until softened, about 30 minutes. Add the softened cashews, garlic, lemon juice, mustard, nutritional yeast, black pepper, salt, cajun spice, and water to a blender and blend until smooth. Drizzle in the olive oil while blending to emulsify.
- Mix the sauce, cooked pasta, corn, tomatoes, red onion, black beans, and kale in a large mixing bowl. Enjoy!
The contents of this website, such as text, graphics, images and other material are intended for informational and educational purposes only and not for the purpose of rendering medical advice. The contents of this website are not intended to substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.Jump to Recipe