Tofu Scramble is the perfect high-protein vegan meal. I love eating this for breakfast. lunch, or dinner. It tastes great with any sauteed vegetables and can be served in many ways! I love to have it on toasted sourdough or in tacos! Seasoning with Black Salt (kala namak) makes this scramble taste like traditional scrambled eggs.
It takes less than 20 minutes to cook this large pan of tofu scramble. Perfect for sharing or meal prep.
Ingredients and Benefits
Tofu– A complete protein. Contains all the essential amino acids your body needs and is rich in minerals and vitamins, including calcium, manganese, iron and vitamin A.
Onion– Improved heart health, better blood sugar regulation, and increased bone density.
Grape Tomato– Good source of fiber, vitamin A and C.
Olive Oil– Great for heart health
Sea Salt– Helps keep us hydrated. Essential for proper brain, muscle and nervous system function.
Black Pepper– High in antioxidants. Promotes brain health.
Turmeric– Anti inflammatory. Rich in phytonutrients that may protect the body by neutralizing free radicals (pollution, sunlight) and shielding the cells from damage.
Nutritional Yeast– High in vitamin B12. Boosts energy and supports the immune system.
Spinach– Vitamin E and magnesium that support your immune system. Helps stabilize blood sugar.
Black Salt– Has antioxidant properties and has surprisingly low sodium levels. It also contains important minerals like iron, calcium, and magnesium
This is one of my all-time favorite recipes. I eat this regularly for the nutrients and protein boost.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 1 block firm tofu
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 5 oz spinach
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp black salt kala namak
For Serving, Optional
- Sliced bread toasted
- Avocado sliced
- Taco or Burrito tortillas
- Warm olive oil in a large skillet, over medium heat then add onions & cook until translucent.
- Add tomatoes and cook covered on medium heat until soft and fragrant.
- Crumble the tofu and add to skillet. Season with salt, pepper, and turmeric. Let cook covered until heated through and well combined.
- Add the spinach and saute until wilted.
- Add the nutritional yeast, and kala namak/black salt, and stir well.
- Season to taste with more nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper.
- Serve over toast and garnish with sliced avocado and pickled onions, or make tacos or a burrito.
The contents of this website, such as text, graphics, images and other material are intended for informational and educational purposes only and not for the purpose of rendering medical advice. The contents of this website are not intended to substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.