Vegan Chickpea Tuna Salad
A crowd favorite. This chickpea tuna salad will shock you by how much it tastes like the "real" thing. It features all the usual tuna salad ingredients and uses chickpeas in place of tuna fish.
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas mashed
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp sweet relish
- 1 tsp Old bay
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp black salt
- 3 small seaweed sheets crushed
- Lettuce toasted bread or crackers, for serving
- In a large bowl mash chickpeas using a fork or potato masher. Mash until crumbly and smooth with some chunks remaining.
- Add all other ingredients to the bowl except the lettuce, bread, or crackers and stir until well combined.
- Serve chickpea mixture on toast as a sandwich, with crackers, or with macaroni noodles.