Vegan Gnocchi Bolognese
Delicious bolognese made vegan with Beyond meat and vegetables.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 a Sweet onion diced
- 2 Medium Carrots chopped
- 1 Stalk Celery diced
- 6 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 12 Ounces beyond meat
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 Cup Red wine
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 Can 15oz. Canned tomato sauce/puree
- 1/3 Cup nutritional yeast
- 2 16 oz. Pkgs. Vegan Gnocchi
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil on medium in a large pot.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery and garlic. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté, reducing heat as needed until the onion is translucent. About 5 minutes.
- Now add the vegan beef, breaking it up with a spoon or spatula until it is in small pieces. Stir with the veggies in the pot. Sauté until brown. About 5 minutes.
- Add the Italian seasoning, the tomato paste and another pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Then pour in the wine and stir, scraping any bits that are stuck on the bottom of the pot.
- Add the maple, tomato sauce, and vegetable broth. Stir to combine everything.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, cook your gnocchi according to package directions. Drain if boiling.